Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yoga in Minnesota January 30, 2011

Its Sunday January 30, 2010 and I practiced yoga in my hotel room with the help of Netflix in St. Paul, Minnesota.  I downloaded The Trainer's Edge: Long & Lean Yoga with Baron Baptiste and watched it instantly on my laptop.  This is the second yoga video I have watched and practiced and it wasn't to bad.  I have to say that I like the yoga studio environment better, but this was great since I did not have that option.  This video lead me through Vinyasa Yoga, which focuses on breathing, strengthening, and toning.  Baron reminded me to breathe through poses when it felt like it was getting to hard, which I appreciated.  He also showed a few modifications, which seemed to be helpful and useful.  I did not have my yoga mat, so I used a towel instead.  I would prefer to bring my yoga mat in the future if I do another video in my room.  Hopefully, I can fit into my suitcase.  We shall see.  I think it will help to have the mat with the different postures I am trying to achieve.  Although a bit tired I am so pleased that I took the time to focus on my body and practice yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment